Peaceful PRIDE Protest
Time & Location
About the Event
REGULAR UPDATES: Facebook Event (Click here)
Join us in painting Sea Point Promenade in colour, as we embark on a Peaceful Pride Protest.
THIS IS TO commemorate the end of Pride Month, in South Africa, as our first Pride march took place in October 1990. In addition, it is the end of Bully Prevention Month. We need to continue establishing a voice within society. A voice of self-affirmation, freedom, expression, acceptance and increased visibility.
LET’S ESTABLISH THAT This is Me! Wear your heels, lay your weave and shower yourself in glitter, baby. (You do not need to be Queer to join. We need each and every voice to make a difference!)
Gone are the days of conservative thinking in South Africa. The next generation is starving under prehistoric ways of thinking and the ostracisation of minority groups are a thing of the past.
THIS IS NOT A PARADE OR PARTY. This is a Peaceful Protest/March
HOW CAN YOU JOIN & ADD YOUR VOICE?
- Join us on Saturday 31 October from 10:30 AM near the Outdoor Gym & Mandela Glasses (our starting point). We will start marching along the Promenade from 11:00 AM
- Share this event, inviting family and friends to join.
- Raise money against bullying & discrimination, by donating to one of our causes by following this link (https://www.pwrproject.org/ppp-donate)
- On the day, help us hand out flyers.
- Purchase a container of coloured powder (R30 for 2 colours) & let’s indulge in our rainbow, with love. (https://www.pwrproject.org/ppp-powder)
- Get photographed with the people around you, increasing our queer visibility. This is a great opportunity to update website images with dedicated stock imagery.